Get to know our new city! Here are a few quick facts about this wonderful place!
- Elevation of 9,350 ft (2,850 meters); second highest capital city in the world!
- Population of over 2 million people
- Oldest capital city in South America
- Historic downtown Quito is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Ecuador National Fútbol (Soccer) Stadium is in Quito!
- Home to Mitad del Mundo, a monument that celebrates the Equator
- Uses the U.S. Dollar as its currency (as of the year 2000)
- Quito School of Art founded in 1552 at El Colegio de San Andrés.
- Sky tram Teleferico Quito is one of the highest aerial lifts in the world.
- Empanadas, empanadas, empanadas!
- Plaza de la Independencia has important buildings and is a major public square.